Thursday, August 22, 2013

Red Letter Day

Friday, August 23rd is a red letter day.  A day of rejoicing, thanksgiving, excitement, and probably chocolate.

Do you know why?

No, you don't know why, but I shall tell you, dear readers.

Advisory member Karen Glass and I are going to be in the same house, under the same roof, chattering our little hearts out.

Do you know how seldom Advisory members get to meet?

Almost never.  We had been online friends and Advisory members together for years and years before we ever got a chance to meet in person (the one and only AO conference, and Anne didn't get to come to that, was the first time for most of us).   We are all astonished at how much we've accomplished together, or rather, how much God has done through us, online, before we ever met.

In our sixteen or so years long friendship (that's an awkward phrase), IIRC, I have gotten to meet with Karen in person three times.  Tomorrow will be the fourth.  And I get to meet her husband for the first time, and two of her children as well.

I'm so tickled I am just about incoherent over it.

It's been a difficult week for our family for a couple of reasons I don't want to share here, but this, this is a rich blessing that soothes some of the sting of the other stuff.

My soul is singing.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could be there! I am so thrilled for you! Tell them to wave the direction of WI while they are there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could be there!

    Oh, I just realized Melisa already said that.

    :::quick think of something original:::

    Have fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy,
    Great minds think alike....or something like that. It is less than a handful of hours to get there from here....sooooo tempting (but not realistic!).

    ReplyDelete